Ok, I’m still in my first “Years of I told you so” and too many things have been sticking in my craw and must come out now even though it’ll make no difference to youz because people just sit around wringing their hands and intellectualizing rather than doing anything. However, it will make me feel better and maybe decrease that lump in my craw. Yeah, unfriend me, tomorrow’s a new year anyhow 🤷🏽♀️ (Shana Tovah, btw.)
1. I told everyone that he was illiterate in 2015, 2016, 2017. Actually illiterate, not merely unread. Ya’ll thought that just couldn’t be, that you knew better. Phht!
2. Other NYers and I told folks that he ran a criminal enterprise & was mobbed up. Blank stares.
3. In vain I tried to tell anyone who would listen that he doesn’t pay debts, is petty, small minded, and vengeful, and likely suffering-no, making US suffer- the effects of tertiary syphilis/dementia. Ya’ll thought that was exaggeration. Tchp.
4. I told you that there are two reasons Repubs/Congress wouldn’t ditch him:
A. They’re getting rich(er)
B. A number of them were connected to improprieties and therefore subject to pressure
5. Americans are passive and afraid to challenge authorities because most of them buy into the false hope that they can become part of the upper class. (I blame the dismantling of class awareness in the 80s that included Reagonomics/trickledown theory, the media promotion of shows like Lifestyles of The Rich & Famous, and the Martha Stewartfication of the household & centering of malls & mall mentality over traditional downtown areas, but that’s a whole other book you’ll have to purchase)
6. Told ya that he was a racist and lier. Reminded people of The Central Park Five & his connections to Roy Cohen.
7. We ALL told yuz that he was a bad businessman, but the idiots who watched tv and had for years been bamboozled into the idea of corporate salvation shut their eyes and ears and loudly hummed a tune that the piper wrote. (And yes, that makes you children or rats)
8. Word to the at-least-not-terminally-stupid: if a candidate isn’tsupported in their home state, ya probably shouldn’t trust them. Just sayin’. 🤷🏽♀️
9. Oh yeah, remember when I told you that I thought Rudy wanted revenge and to take him down and everybody laughed at my “foolishness”?
So, don’t like my presentation? But guess what? I’m right.